Season I Counter-Strike Main Round
• Match: Each team plays one half of a map as Terrorist and Counter-Terrorist on a pre-selected map.
• Half: One 15 round map session. Two halves are a match.
• Round: One 2:00 – minute cycle.
• The team which reaches the limit of 16 rounds first wins the match.
• The format will be best of three maps.
• Both teams will select one map to play and the admin will randomly select the 3rd map if needed.
The following maps can be selected and used for all matches by the tournament director:
Every player needs to have the most current version of Aequitas running during the entire duration of the match. The Aequitas Files have to be uploaded ,without notice, by each player within 1 hour of the end of the match, to the Extreme Masters site.
For more information about Aequitas read the following FAQ : http://www.esl.eu/eu/faq/3214/
Client Settings - CVAR
To prevent the use of illegal client settings we advice the use of the Extreme Masters GUI. The following CVAR values must be used:
• cl_lc 1
• cl_lw 1
• cl_pitchspeed 225
• cl_showevents 0
• cl_movespeedkey 0.52
• cl_rate higher than 12000
• cl_updaterate higher than 70
• cl_cmdrate higher than 70
• gl_picmip 0
• gl_monolights 0
• gl_polyoffset 0.1(Nvidia) / 4(ATI)
• gl_max_size higher than 128
• fastsprites 0
• lightgamma 2.5
• texgamma 2.0
• s_show 0
• s_a3d 0
• r_speeds 0
• rate higher than 12000
Client Settings - Illegal Script and Bind Examples
By rule all scripts are illegal except for buyscripts.
• Turn Script [180° or other values]
• -mlook Script
• Stop-Shoot script [Use- or Awp-Script of any kind]
• Jump- & Bunnyhop-Script [Jumping is only allowed as: bind “x“ “+jump“]
• It is illegal to bind “+duck“ to the mousewheel or to use a duck script
• Walking should be done by using “+speed“ and not by any other command or script
Client Settings - A3D
The usage of A3D is forbidden. The usage of tools and drivers to simulate A3D is also forbidden.
Client Settings - 32 bit
Each player needs to have Counter-Strike set to use 32bits color depth in game. If one should play in windows mode the windows colordepth should also be set to 32bit.
Client Settings - Graphics card drivers or other tools
Changes made to the ingame graphics or textures with the use of graphicscard drivers or other tools or programs are forbidden.
Client Settings – Models
Only the default Counter-Strike 1.6 and Condition Zero models are allowed.
All the servers which will be used for the Extreme Masters by ESL need to have the Extreme Masters by ESL Server Pack installed. The server pack will make sure all the servers are configurated the same.
The Extreme Masters by ESL Server Pack consists of the following parts:
· ESL Serverconfig (with HLSW Livebot support)
· Anti Flashbug Maps (de_nuke, de_dust2, de_train)
The team which provides the server will be responsible for the correct installation of the pack and it's content.
Download link: http://gfx.esl-europe.net/media/eu/cs/masters_server_pack.rar
In game rules
The use of the Tactical shield is strictly forbidden.
Using of bugs is strictly forbidder. If bugs which are not listed below should be used the admin can still decide to give out penalty points.
Before the match:
It is each team's own responsibility to check if the right version of the map is loaded. Should the bugs still be present you can ask for them to reload the map. Not testing the maps will mean you agree to using this version of the map and also risk the consequences when the bugs should be used
During the match:
· Moving through walls, floors and roofs is strictly forbidden. This also includes skywalking.
· "silent bombs" (ie. The planting of a bomb which doesn't make a sound ) are illegal.
· Planting bombs so that they can not be defused are illegal. This does not include plants where multiple players are needed to defuse.
· Boosting with the help of team mates is allowed in general. But it is forbidden in places were the textures, walls, ceilings, floors become transparant or penetrable. For more information read the map specific bugs section.
· Flashbugs are forbidden.
· Throwing grenades under walls is not allowed, throwing grenades over walls or roofs is allowed.
· „Mapswimming“ or „Floating“ is illegal.
· „Pixelwalking“ is illegal (Sitting or standing on invisible map edges)
· General: Using bugs, which change the game principle( ie Spawnbugs) are illegal.
Map specific Bugs
de_dust2: Following positions are illegal:
· It is allowed to have multiple players on this box, but they can't be on top of each other.
· Watching underneath the walls is not allowed (http://gfx.esl-europe.net/stuff/cs_rules/de_train.jpg)
Server and Player crash
If an Extreme Masters tournament server crashes before three rounds have been completed, the server must be restarted and the game's score will be reset to 0-0. If the server crashes after the third round has been completed, the game must be restarted with startmoney 5000 and the score will be counted from the last completed round. Furthermore, the maxrounds of the half is changed to equal the remaining rounds left at the point of the server crash.
If a player's computer crashes before the first kill has been made in the first round, the match will be restarted. If a player's computer crashes after the first kill has been made, the server will be paused at the end of the current round. Once the player has rejoined the server and the teams are notified of his return, the game will be resumed. It is the player's responsibility to make sure his/her hardware/software/internet connection is fully functional before participating in a match. If he/she is in doubt, he/she should notify his/her Team Captain and appropriate actions should be taken.
All Extreme Masters players are obligated to save all replays of every game they play in the Extreme Masters and immediately upload them to the Extreme Masters page.
Support and Protests
* = Default